Monday, June 29, 2015

Axiom Verge

Now that the glorious Steam Summer Sale is over, and I've has some time to actually play (some of) the games that made their way into my library (thanks to friends and devs alike), I'd like to tell you about Axiom Verge, by Thomas Happ.

I grew up with Metroid. Exploration, occasional glitches, interesting enemies, and an amazing soundtrack all converged to create an atmosphere that had me exploring every nook of the map, testing things, and racking up dozens (if not, hundreds) of hours of gameplay.

Axiom Verge recreates that atmosphere on a level I've not seen from other "Metroid-like" games. Even at full price, this gem is definitely worth every penny. Here's some gameplay of my time exploring and making it up to the first boss (or miniboss, I can't tell yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment